for 2 servings
2 sweet potatoes, small
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 skinless chicken breast
2 cups black beans (340 g)
1 jalapeño pepper, optional
½ cup low-fat cheese (55 g)
pico de gallo, optional
green onion, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Evenly slice sweet potatoes into rounds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss rounds with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper until well-coated.
- Lay rounds flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- On a second parchment-lined baking sheet, season chicken breast with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Wrap the parchment around the chicken, folding at the edges.
- Bake the sweet potatoes and the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Allow both to cool. Then, shred the chicken using two forks.
- Line the bottom of a medium-sized skillet with the sweet potato rounds. Top with shredded chicken, black beans, jalapeño if desired, and cheese. Broil for 5-10 minutes or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado, pico de gallo, and green onion, if desired. Serve immediately.